When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Push Horn Klaxon Lube Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mramos

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi Guys,

I just purchase a Push horn in very nice shape,not repaint original patina and are planing to leave it that way but would like to know more information about it like.
What model is it?
How to lube it?
How to adjust it correctly?

Thanks in Advance! Got to says to the moderators that i love the copy/paste feature.
upload_2016-3-24_21-50-29.png

I have one of those. They don't typically need lubing. The screw on the front has a point inside that rubs across the teeth of a gear when the plunger is pressed. The tip of that screw wears out from use. To adjust put a screwdriver in the slot to hold the screw and loosen the nut. Then adjust the screw in a try the plunger. Too far out and there will be no sound. Too far in and there will be too much resistance. Once the screw is in the correct spot and the desired sound is attained tighten the nut against the diaphragm.

If I remember correctly this one is a Seiss brand.

Back