When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold prewar schwinn brake cable 29 1/2" gold/silver color

-
Price
175 shipped
Zipcode

mr.cycleplane

Riding my Motorbike
offered here is a prewar schwinn brake cable. it is 29 1/2" tip to tip. these are fairly rare/hard to come across. it is goldish in color but lengthy forum discussions here on the cabe have brought to light that these are in fact silver and an amber varnish which was applied to the cloth body of the cable as waterproofing has through time turned a goldish color. decent enough shape-these never seem to be in great shape anyway and cracking and darkening very common. hard to find or rare-hard to say. this being only 29 1/2" may affect its use depending on what bars you are running(will there be enough cable to reach the porkchop area!). i have had a couple inquiries if i thought this would work on a motorbike-i am going to go with a 'no' as i feel too short. the handle to drum distance would work but be pretty much in a straight line-at least the way i set a bike up. for a new world with small buckhorn bars this would be excellent. it would be a 'stretch' i feel on a motorbike with scout or sb26 bars. pre measure your needs please! pp/ff u.s.a. sales only please-bear in mind current postage 175 shipped

thumbnail_IMG_1963.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1964.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1965.jpg

Last edited:
Back