When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar schwinn canti question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SJ_BIKER

Riding a 41 Super Deluxe
Wondering if this guard was common place in 1940 /41. I have to dig out another pic I've seen with this guard on a canti frame on the then newer embossed tank for those years.

Screenshot_20220920-115117~2.png

There is a post in the thread that has the 41 Super Deluxe that i obtained from bobcycles a few years back that he shows a 41 Autocycle with the painted feather guard. Bob indicates that it is rare but happens from time to time. Its also blue.

From what I've seen that guard was on all the higher end models starting in 1939 and it was chromed. It was also use in 1940 also being chromed, and the new bloated guard seems to have been introduced between 40 and 41 and it was used on the higher end models and the DX and lower end had the painted feather guard. I prefer the feather guard over the Phantom guard every day of the week, and I'm sure lots of others did also back then. As far as the 40-41 cantilever frames using the painted feather guard originally, I couldn't say. The Phantom guard looks like crap from the left side view, and I'd be one of the first to swap it out for the feather guard back in 41. 😜

Back