When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

prewar schwinn cantilever

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

militarymonark

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
so i just bought a prewar schwinn cantilever with a locking fork but not a springer and its a different one from the other prewars. Has the rear rack which is nice. Its missing the tank, crank chainring, and the truss rods for the fork.

pics will be up soon but i was wondering if anyone had some other forks besides the springer forks and the most common of the prewar forks. The one i have looks like the same tubing that would be on a springer but instead of it curving to the top of the fork arms it stops and connects to a bracket. So if anyone could show me a picture. I've never seen one like it and i didn't see one on dave's site either.

Last edited:
Patrick,
Does it look like the fork on this bike? It's not a very good picture but maybe you can tell. I don't know if they were locking forks. If so, it is called a double duty fork, very rare!

Attachments

• excelsior$1800.jpg
    excelsior$1800.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 142
i guess im not going to find the top bracket where the truss rods connect and where the top of the fork connect so i'll have to have one made.

double duty fork

scarce lil' ol' son of a gun. i have a locker on my '38 super deluxe. email me,i'll shoot a pic of the top bracket,and i believe the truss rods are identical to a standard set of men's locking truss fork rods,too. keith at cycleplanes "r' us:D

$1800 excelsior

damn,i ended up w/that bike! that's what i started with for my '38 super. DAMN small world! keith at cycleplanes"r"us:eek:

Back