When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Schwinn(?) Frame with Caliper Brake Mounts??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tikibar

Finally riding a big boys bike
I was visiting an office recently and noticed this straight bar klunker parked inside. Took a picture of it, because the frame looked like a prewar Schwinn. Didn't notice until I got home that it looked like it might have built in mounts for a caliper brake.

Wish I had taken a better picture of that part, maybe I'll get a chance to go back, but anyone know if this frame is Schwinn and if prewar frames were made with caliper brake mounts? Which model?

If this is a common thing, sorry to post the obvious, I'm still learning, thanks.

klunker1.jpg

klunker2.jpg

klunker3.jpg

klunker4.jpg

thanks, not too surprising. I'm assuming Schwinn didn't offer rear calipers prewar, but wasn't sure

Thanks for answering my first question! If you know the make, I can ask the mods to move to the appropriate forum

Thanks for answering my first question! If you know the make, I can ask the mods to move to the appropriate forum

Ha, I don't know squat about old bikes outside of a tiny window of manufacture from one company. I've surely passed over lots of collectable stuff due to this ignorance.

You and me both, my expertise is tiki bar stuff, which isn't exactly a survival skill :)

Back