When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Schwinn from original owner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That has to be the coolest buy of the year! Congrats on that very nice one owner DX.

Now I want to hear the story about how long after Dona got the bike that she was really able to ride it. ;) The stand over height is up to her belly button and I think that chainguard has seen a foot atop it many times as somewhat shown in the pic Nick put up. And that ring sure must have made it really hard to pedal for that little thing.

Anyway, that's what runs thru my mind when I see that little girl standing next to her new bike. She must have been a tough cookie with no fear and loved to make all the boys jealous.

That has to be the coolest buy of the year! Congrats on that very nice one owner DX.

Now I want to hear the story about how long after Dona got the bike that she was really able to ride it. ;) ....I think that chainguard has seen a foot atop it many times as somewhat shown in the pic Nick put up... She must have been a tough cookie with no fear and loved to make all the boys jealous.

Ha! Yep that's exactly what wore the paint off that chainguard! Great observation. Bars were really lowered and seat was at it's lowest...She was indeed fearless, her son said she wanted to take it for one last ride, but he talked her out of it ;-D

Darcie

Great bike and story! Chain guard is 40 but I think the serial is 41. Paint scheme is 41. Could be a very late 40 build for 41 model year.

Guard is 41'. 1941 was the year for the feather on these bikes. I've owned dozens over the years...odd that it's white and not black.....killer bike, awesome story. If it's for sale, hit up William LaRoque on here.......he's looking for a nice orig DX.

After seeing the S/N in REC's list (great job on that database REC), it does appear to have been made (at least the frame was stamped) in 1940. Must have been done right at the end of '40, beginning of '41. Question- would this year's crank be dated?

Darcie

Grand Finale

Thought I would add one final picture, the icing on the cake- me with the DX winning the traveling trophy, the People's Choice award for 2015 at our annual fall ride. Sent a pic to the original owner Dona, who was thrilled to see her bike being ridden and enjoyed again. Awesome grand finale to a cool story. :)

(Oh yeah- Nick's Crusty Clipper came in 2nd :p :D)

Darcie
12065586_1636950763242628_7808726355557926647_n.jpg
boom island bikes.jpg

Back