When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Schwinn hanging tank question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Working on this 40 Model C. The brackets don’t appear to be the correct ones, at least not what I’ve seen. When the tank is together it just swivels back and fourth. Not to seen stupid, but how can I fix this to where it doesn’t move?
D00CE438-1DDB-4C30-8944-36C532426CA0.jpeg

DB0C3A22-654F-424F-A10D-4E772887E375.jpeg

6ECABBEF-1EE9-492C-A9EF-4028DA508577.jpeg

5E31A7D6-0C9F-45AB-BA2A-A2E66F386D4F.jpeg

Those are the original tabs for that C-model. That is exactly what mine look like. The tank is supposed to be pushed against the frame, top and bottom, where the brackets pull the tank upwards against the bottom of the top tube. I have accidentally bumped my tank with my knee while riding and had it move just a bit but I simply pushed it back; it doesn’t take much force.

I suppose, if it’s too loose, you could slightly bend the strap tabs upward to push against the tank a bit more. The bottom of the tank needs to make contact with the middle bar of the frame.

CFE773F8-95AE-4A0C-AF71-F2B0715C0D9D.jpeg

Hmmm. The early C-Model tanks with the light switch don't have that little bracket on the strap. The early tanks have a provision for another strap on the bottom to keep it from moving, but I've never seen an original bike that actually has one installed. Do you guys have that on the bottom of your push button and/or smoothie tanks?

Those are the original tabs for that C-model. That is exactly what mine look like. The tank is supposed to be pushed against the frame, top and bottom, where the brackets pull the tank upwards against the bottom of the top tube. I have accidentally bumped my tank with my knee while riding and had it move just a bit but I simply pushed it back; it doesn’t take much force.

I suppose, if it’s too loose, you could slightly bend the strap tabs upward to push against the tank a bit more. The bottom of the tank needs to make contact with the middle bar of the frame.

View attachment 877843
Holy crap, twins! Thanks a bunch, was hoping for some insist with someone that has nearly the same bike.

Back