When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

prewar schwinn ladies hanging tank $90 shipped

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

robert bell

Wore out three sets of tires already!
nice solid schwinn ladies hanging tank, original red paint, looks chicago cycle supply, super straight and solid $90 shipped. postal money order only
DSC05320.JPG

DSC05321.JPG

DSC05322.JPG

DSC05323.JPG

DSC05324.JPG

DSC05325.JPG

DSC05326.JPG

Last edited:
Had the same tank on a 40 B.F. Goodrich girls Hollywood. Only Schwinn I ever seen with those paint patterns on the tank. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Taken out of anAdmiral. Side horn button. It fits in my 1938 Excelsior Hollywood frame fine. I also have the original 38 tank, not shown here, which has light switch in top right side of tank, 2 grommets for wires from the silver ray headlight and from the handlebar mounted horn button, tank holds the horn and a 6 volt lattern battery in the 38 original tank.

20180916_171816.jpg

Last edited:
Taken out of a 1951 Admiral. Side horn button. It fits in my 1938 Excelsior Hollywood frame fine. I also have the original 38 tank, not shown here, which has light switch in top right side of tank, 2 grommets for wires from the silver ray headlight and from the handlebar mounted horn button, tank holds the horn and a 6 volt lattern battery in the 38 original tank.

View attachment 870286

That tank did not come off or would ever fit a postwar bike. That is a 39-40 girls DX tank. Those only fit the tall headtube girls pre-41 frames.

That tank did not come off or would ever fit a postwar bike. That is a 39-40 girls DX tank. Those only fit the tall headtube girls pre-41 frames.
I was told the tank I posted a picture of was out of a 51 Admiral by the seller. Now that you mention that tall headtube, I can see what you say is true. All I know for sure is that the tank I pictured obviously fits my 1938 Excelsior. So, I can safely say now, when I post this pictured tank for sale, is that it is a 38-40 girl's DX tank. I sincerly thank you for correcting me and teaching me what I need to know. I am new to this hobby, and I am learning every day. Thank you Autocycleplane.

Last edited:
Back