When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold prewar schwinn motorbike/cycleplane tank reproduction-metal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
1750 shipped
Zipcode

mr.cycleplane

Riding my Motorbike
offered here is a prewar schwinn motorbike/cycleplane tank reproduction in metal. best for your 1935/6 motorbike build. i had these made in 1991 and they are exact-a very limited number were made. these sold originally on the cabe back in the day when it was a xerox copy that came out once a month! this one sat out on the coast and moisture got to it and the hinge became stiff. the person who bought it (machinist/welder)from original buyer repaired the hinge area. one of the tack welds broke loose and he removed the entire hinge and repaired it correctly-rewelding it and did not cover it in primer so as to show correctness of repair. he did a fantastic job-hinge works as 'new'. the advantage of these tanks has always been that they are rust free and are not all banged up from the truss rods. many of these tanks have never been painted as the folks that bought them still have them on their shelf for display-just a thing a beauty! those that have painted them for their restorations all rave about the extreme accuracy of these tanks and under paint-indistinguishable from an original(they are that good!). comes with hanging straps/screws-wire grommet-switch screws. pp/ff u.s.a.sales only please. 1750 shipped

thumbnail_IMG_1984.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1985.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1986.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1987.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1988.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1989.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1990.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1991.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1992 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Jon & Gary for showing great pictures-those are awesome! A few years ago when I went looking for one of these tanks-as I had sold all of them and hadn't keep one for me-I found 4 others that were after all these years-still unpainted-seemed weird to me. Each one said they were enjoying looking at it on the shelf...in primer! I did find one-(thanks boxtubebob!)got it-painted and decaled it-sits on my shelf!

thumbnail_IMG_1997.jpg

Back