When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Schwinn - need info

-

Luckykat32

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I'm not a Schwinn guy so I'm not sure how to date this one. I would guess 20s to early 30s, but wanted to know if someone can help with the serial numbers.

20180724_214710.jpg

Can we get a pic of the whole bike? BTW....it's been a while. Welcome back!
Thanks Mike....ive been snooping around a bit for the past couple years and still have interests, but ever since I moved I just don't really ride like i did everyday to work years ago.

My guess is 34-35ish. Schwinn b9. Nice original paint. Can’t tell what the serial number says. Just my guess.

What’s your plans with it?

I'm gonna end up selling it.

I think it's probably pre 33 because of the separate top bars.

What makes you say mid 30s?

I would think the head tube/top tube and bottom tube joints along with the style of fork and vertical head badge screws would be a good indicator of when the bike was built. Serial looks like it's 57852.

This one appears to have all the same joint details and fork. Earlier than 33 I think. Weren't the tube joints on the 33's smooth like filet brazed?

1920-Henderson-Admiral.jpg

Back