When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar schwinn question.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ZE52414

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
So i recently purchased a prewar schwinn lady. And my first thought was a 39 due to the paint scheme. So here’s my question. The 39 men’s dx has the wings going up on the tank so does that go hand and hand with the women’s as well? Wings up =39? Thanks guys.

3564EBCF-7DCD-48F8-AD85-10646AFAD8DE.jpeg

8D7495A1-FF4C-4413-BE21-4A453EEA6FB3.jpeg

Not that it means much, but it appears in the catalog that the 39 very well could have and for sure the 40 lady's DX had the spears, but the 41 definitely doesn't and has the frame detailing as Zacks, although the wings on the tank are down. If you use the John Polizzi SN list that nobody believes in................
E53500 - H99999 ---- 1941. Fender chevrons on the 41 model only. By no means am I fully tuned in on the pre-war Schwinns, but something doesn't add up.

That tank paint was used 39/40. Guessing Zack's bike is a 40 because the frame paint does not have the spears.
I've had 40s with spears and later style tank graphic and currently have a 40 with the earlier style graphic and scrolls. I think my 40 with spears was a dlx w-springer and a Chicago cycle bike. My scroll 40 is a Henderson so in short, I don't think the dart or scroll should be used as an accurate indicator of age.

Back