Prewar Schwinn Rack: C Model

This ad disappears when logged in

jacob9795

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Sep 21, 2014
Central Valley, CA, United States
This rack has been a good paperweight so far. That catalog pic is of a BC though isn’t it? I was thinking this C-model may have had a nine hole rack.

Last edited:

jacob9795

Sep 21, 2014
:DI just wanted to know because I wish that I could be like the cool kids, ‘cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in

That’d be great if I could get a pic of this same bike with an original rack. I think @TheDXjedi has one of these but it has ‘ears’ for a drop stand. I can’t find any info on which year has what for 1940ish C-mods.

Last edited:

REC

Dec 6, 2006
Lake Worth, United States
:DI just wanted to know because I wish that I could be like the cool kids, ‘cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in

That’d be great if I could get a pic of this same bike with an original rack. I think @TheDXjedi has one of these but it has ‘ears’ for a drop stand. I can’t find any info on which year has what for 1940ish C-mods.
So does this mean I fit in with the cool kids????
Here's my '39 C, now with the 9 hole rack
C with 9 Hole Rack.JPG

The rack you have would be really cool mounted on a C. I have one here like it, but it is slated for a different frame at this point.

REC

jacob9795

Sep 21, 2014
So does this mean I fit in with the cool kids????
Here's my '39 C, now with the 9 hole rack
The rack you have would be really cool mounted on a C. I have one here like it, but it is slated for a different frame at this point.

REC
:cool::cool: Very nice, great condition, thanks for posting. It looks like the DX profile Miller stand was used on the later versions of C-Models versus dropstands. Nine hole racks look great either way on these bikes. I'll post pics of my setup when I receive the bike...
The ambiguity in prewar Schwinn facts! Love it.

-Jake

Last edited:

REC

Dec 6, 2006
Lake Worth, United States
:cool::cool: Very nice, great condition, thanks for posting. It looks like the DX profile Miller stand was used on the later versions of C-Models versus dropstands. Nine hole racks look great either way on these bikes. I'll post pics of my setup when I receive the bike...
The ambiguity in prewar Schwinn facts! Love it.

-Jake
Jake,
My guess is you bought the bike from Pete Deitrich (onecatahula)? I kept looking at that ad if that is the one. Super deal there.
I was considering it to complete one with the tank and fenders... Considering - too broke to think hard about it, and that was a really nice piece as it was. This one:
IMG_0887.JPG

I bought a pair of fenders about a month ago and am trying to come close to the color of "old" on this one. Rides like a rolls!
REC

jacob9795

Sep 21, 2014
Yes, Pete's, should be in the mail soon. I'm stoked! Your second C mod' looks fantastic as is. I've been wanting to do a build like that with a 3spd Nexus

barnyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Apr 7, 2012
Rathdrum, Idaho

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Feb 6, 2012
Earth (Middle)
Jake,
My guess is you bought the bike from Pete Deitrich (onecatahula)? I kept looking at that ad if that is the one. Super deal there.
I was considering it to complete one with the tank and fenders... Considering - too broke to think hard about it, and that was a really nice piece as it was. This one:
View attachment 719008
I bought a pair of fenders about a month ago and am trying to come close to the color of "old" on this one. Rides like a rolls!
REC
Rustoleum Painter's Touch 2x Gloss Colonial Red seems close, if a bit brighter.

jacob9795

Sep 21, 2014
Maybe you can try paint matching the fork? I was amazed at the paint match my local auto paint supply store did for me. I gave them 1/2 of this Monark tank and they got it spot on. The top on the light is spray painted.

253B675B-D98D-444C-A5FC-33BDD23004CD.jpeg

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture