When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar schwinn serial list

-
ok, so if I'm reading this right, this is a 1938?

PB081204_zps3475f9cb-1.jpg

OK Thanks Obi....I'm still confused but, appreciate the info.
Pre 48 confuses many of us....especially me.
That's why I'm here.

ok, so if I'm reading this right, this is a 1938?

PB081204_zps3475f9cb-1.jpg

Scott, it is a late 38 or early 39. I only have a couple A and B serial numbers, one being my brown super deluxe (B19111). However, I am starting to think that might be a 39. The only way to really tell is by the brake lever (large stamped) but even the catalog shows a DX with a shorty.

Scott, it is a late 38 or early 39. I only have a couple A and B serial numbers, one being my brown super deluxe (B19111). However, I am starting to think that might be a 39. The only way to really tell is by the brake lever (large stamped) but even the catalog shows a DX with a shorty.

does it make a difference if this is the bike? it has flat braces on the front fender which I think is original. the rear fender has been changed I think.

PB091209sm_zps572f9eb8-1.jpg

Century

Attaching a photo of my Century badged BC 117 Standard. The serial is B64468. 1939? Thanks for putting together this early serial list!

Century Schwinn 003.jpg

Back