When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar schwinn serial list

-
'35 or '36 Mead badged double diamond frame Schwinn...?

IMG_2160_zps07bfdab8-1.jpg

Schwinn Produced Bikes under other names (BF Goodrich)

Possibly a silly question? Im trying to date my '50's BF Goodrich Schwinn bike. When Schwinn produced bikes for BF Goodrich, was/is it a "Schwinn" Serial Number on the bike?? My bike has E11095. thanks

1940 ba107

I have what seems to be a 1940 but serial number puts it as a 1939... ?? Any thoughts ?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Numbers

DJ, Scott,
I have quite a few 39 numbers, and the one on the Cycle-Truck places it 3rd from the top of my list (14 of the 1939 models in the CT section, 14 more in the regular bicycle section) on the Cycle-Truck side.

Just puttin' that out there. I have B12673, a standard 18" CT for '39, and B86548 which is a 20" frame CT, also believed to be a '39 model. There are several of the pre-war numbers given to me that were documented, only the 18" of mine is documented (by the fellow I bought it from). The rest of them are through the placement sequentially on the list among the ones that were documented.

REC

does it make a difference if this is the bike? it has flat braces on the front fender which I think is original. the rear fender has been changed I think.

PB091209sm_zps572f9eb8-1.jpg

Back