When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar schwinn serial list

-
years 39/40

Tim,

Thanks you for sharing the list!

Am I reading it wrong or just not understanding 39 and 40 years? year 39 ends in a higher D# than year 40 D# starts with.

Year 39 ends with D37747 and Year 40 starts with D28843.

Thanks.

Tim,

Thanks you for sharing the list!

Am I reading it wrong or just not understanding 39 and 40 years? year 39 ends in a higher D# than year 40 D# starts with.

Year 39 ends with D37747 and Year 40 starts with D28843.

Thanks.

The D37747 was a motorbike...which weren't technically offered in 40. The D28843 was a DX with a curved downtube (40). Could have been built in late 39 for the upcoming year. Hard to say.

Last edited:
got any numbers for pre-35
Looks like '35 started with A
Here's my 34 Schwinn built Ranger frame
upu5yrar-1.jpg
(529405)
Original crank was stamped AS 34
Hope this helps.

C in id #?

just picked up a bike that has "C" in the id#? straight down tube, ears for drop stand with rear dropouts. it's a frankin customized by an 11 year old 20+ years ago. i'll get a photo up later.

photo

sure is ugly as it sits!

Attachments

• 20131114_134320.jpg
    20131114_134320.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 277
I can't figure out the serial list but then again it looks like someone's stamped a different group of numbers under it. I picked up a pre war Schwinn and the most visible serial number reads V04743 the previous owner said it was a 1939. Any help??

Serial number help

This is supposed to be a 38 double curved bar roadster,not so sure. Sn is s76876. Any help is great appreciated.

I can't figure out the serial list but then again it looks like someone's stamped a different group of numbers under it. I picked up a pre war Schwinn and the most visible serial number reads V04743 the previous owner said it was a 1939. Any help??

If I understand the list, it looks like your numbers would make the bike a late '37

If I understand the list, it looks like your numbers would make the bike a late '37

After speaking with another member he said back in the day people used to register bicycles and stamp new serial numbers on bicycles. There is another group of numbers that starts with the letter C so I believe it's a '39 and I also believe that's the first year for cycletrucks.

Here's an Ace-badged DX, I believe to be 1939 because if the drop stand ears integrated into the frame. The serial number is B93232, evenly stamped under the crank, and the number stamped on the crank is E 35.
uryqu9us-1.jpg
7edyge5a-1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back