When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Schwinn Serial Number????

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tom Hudak

Look Ma, No Hands!
None of my other Prewar Serial Numbers have a Large A.S. Stamped above the serial number. Has anyone seen a frame like this? It looks factory and the serial numbers are smaller than my other frames. What do I have here???

AE03F26B-EA66-4D26-B204-688CA016A695.jpeg

A pic of the whole bike would help. Looks like a '38 serial and that "A.S." isn't a factory stamp. V/r Shawn

This is the frame and fenders. Are the serial number supposed to be smaller? Other frames I have, the serial number is larger

5491C787-31FC-40E0-A304-CBC6F1A15F64.jpeg

A6DC3F84-5E43-4CD6-A027-7D558B496C23.jpeg

Hummmmm........never seen stamping like that before...have to agree with Shawn-probably not factory stamping on the 'A. S.' letters.

imagesSBJP1DCL.jpg

Yep,
38 serial number for sure.
I may be wrong, but the fenders look like 41 profile.
A.S. stamp could be a destination designation, or a jobber identification?

This is the frame and fenders. Are the serial number supposed to be smaller? Other frames I have, the serial number is larger

View attachment 1329948

View attachment 1329949
Tom take a look at this for an explanation and examples of prewar Schwinn serial numbers. V/r Shawn

Maybe, just maybe in the 82 years that bike has been alive, someone did a homemade stamp, just happening to have initials AS, which WE think is Arnold, Schwinn, but maybe in some small town it meant Arthur Schmidt or Alex Smiley...

Maybe, just maybe in the 82 years that bike has been alive, someone did a homemade stamp, just happening to have initials AS, which WE think is Arnold, Schwinn, but maybe in some small town it meant Arthur Schmidt or Alex Smiley...
How true...and the 'S' is upside down i think-definitely not a factory thing!

Back