When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

prewar Schwinn Serial

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

37fleetwood

Riding a '37 Fleetwood
Ok, so I've heard that someone has or is working on a prewar serial chart, where is it?
I have a frame with this serial number, F45028 what is the best guess on a date for it. frame characteristics lead me to either 1940 or 1941 but I'd like to get closer if I can as there are a few differences between the two years.

Last edited:
Ok, so I've heard that someone has or is working on a prewar serial chart, where is it?
I have a frame with this serial number, F45628 what is the best guess on a date for it. frame characteristics lead me to either 1940 or 1941 but I'd like to get closer if I can as there a few differences between the two years.

Scott,
This goes in between two on my list, however one is a 40 and begins with E, the other is a 41 with a G. Can you post a photo of it?

Thanks
REC

so I went out and took a photo or two, I wanted to wait til I had it a bit better put together. please don't be too critical... at least it's a Schwinn...

vbulletin

IMG_4180.JPG

Did you pull the crank? My serial number E..... had "40" stamped on the crank. I would guess yours would be also.

Thanks Dave. what are you basing this on?
\

I was basing it on the fenders and chain guard but just realized those parts are from the parts you got from ebay. I believe I have heard people say there is a difference in the curve of the down tube between 40 and 41s but I just don't know them well enough to know the difference

Here are some pictures with my 40 (with a 41 paint tank) in the back ground if it is any help. Sorry I don't have any pictures with it centered in the frame

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 186
Here are some pictures with my 40 (with a 41 paint tank) in the back ground if it is any help. Sorry I don't have any pictures with it centered in the frame
I'm noticing yours has the 1941 frame paint scheme too. the 1940 catalog shows simple darts, or is that just part of the model?

vbulletin

vbulletin

Back