When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

prewar Schwinn Serial

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'm noticing yours has the 1941 frame paint scheme too. the 1940 catalog shows simple darts, or is that just part of the model?

vbulletin

vbulletin

I don't know what the story is with the frame paint. I guess it is possible that my bike was a 41 with the skinny fenders and cheapo chain guard because it was originally the bottom of the line strip down model that I added the tank rack and light to it.

A thought occurred just now - I went back and looked to see if there were any "F" numbers on the left side of the list (Cycle-Trucks), and there is one there, approx 10000 frames earlier. It is marked as a 40, so the 40 thought there may be right.

Thinking about it, I may move the CTs over into the other list, but I've kept them seperated all along for ease of access.
Thanks,
REC

PS: Dave K, would you let me add yours to the list?
Thanks,
REC

The curve of the top end of the down tube looks to me to be straight for the first 9" or so looking like the 40 frame rather than the 41 which has a very gentle curve to the top 9". F serial number plus the frame style has me thinking 1940.

Paint Scheme Confusion

I'm noticing yours has the 1941 frame paint scheme too. the 1940 catalog shows simple darts, or is that just part of the model?

1940_12_13.jpg

1941_cc_004b.jpg

OG bike in queue for resto, possibly a Deluxe DX? I may leave the 48 star flag, kinda retro-patriotic.

This paint scheme was keeping me guessing as to the year, I haven't found this combination paint scheme in print yet. Tank scheme looks earlier.
I've heard another way to identify the year is by the seat post clamp, maybe some one can post this detail for clarification.
Serial # I'm told is 1940

OG bike in queue for resto, possibly a Deluxe DX? I may leave the 48 star flag, kinda retro-patriotic.

This paint scheme was keeping me guessing as to the year, I haven't found this combination paint scheme in print yet. Tank scheme looks earlier.
I've heard another way to identify the year is by the seat post clamp, maybe some one can post this detail for clarification.
Serial # I'm told is 1940

Is the chain guard chrome? I highly suspect that bike is a 41. Have seen one early post war DX in ordinal paint with the early style feather (like yours) so I know they used them in 41

You are not planning to repaint that are you?

Is the chain guard chrome? I highly suspect that bike is a 41. Have seen one early post war DX in ordinal paint with the early style feather (like yours) so I know they used them in 41

this one is an E, if this one is a 1941 then mine would be later than it...

Dave K,
40/41? what is making you say 41? Do you have info on the seat clamp differences?

Chain guard is chrome, locking springer with key, chrome drop centers, signs of previous rear carrier and drop stand. (which I'm looking for) any help?
This one has been preserved nicely in high quality dust:) I'll do an overhaul and detailing only. The paint is fantastic, color of choice for me, painting it would be vandalism.
Ivo

Here are some pictures with my 40 (with a 41 paint tank) in the back ground if it is any help. Sorry I don't have any pictures with it centered in the frame

Dave,

Is it possible that I could add your bikes to the serial number list I'm working on? The more I can get - the better! If they are documentable it helps even more.

Thanks,
REC

Back