When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

prewar schwinn whizzer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well, I'm back with the progress and more pictures. Today was sunny and 70 out. So I painted the whizzer myself. I have all the equip., great spray gun, compressor, etc. So far I'm very pleased of the outcome. Attached are a few pics of a cursorory fitting. The fenders need to be pin stripped so they are not on but next to the bike. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0344.jpg
    IMG_0344.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0343.jpg
    IMG_0343.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Whizzer is coming along nicely! Do you have any info on the frame modification? I am curious as I have never seen one like it, I am assuming that it was done by the previous owner.....? By the way the engine turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Thanks. Yes, the straight bottom bar of the frame was sliced by the orig. owner. As you can see from the orig. pic in the post that the engine sits a little higher, this is due to the real old whizzer mounting hardware that was used. These brackets were used by whizzer up to about 1939/1940 until the latter mounting brackets by whizzer started being used. Apparently, he had to modify the frame to fit the engine. I had the two small vertical supports welded in place for added support. It's quite unusual but it's what I had to work with. I bought the better mounting hardware from Memory Lane Classics. It turned out nice and the frame is well supported. Attached are some more pics. Almost done. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
The Whizzer is finished. The latest pics.

Attachments

• CIMG0017.jpg
    CIMG0017.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 85
  • CIMG0014.jpg
    CIMG0014.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 107
  • CIMG0015.jpg
    CIMG0015.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Ok chainring is from a monark. The rear rack is also from a monark exclusively for the year 46 and 47, I should know I need to buy a rear rack like that. Now you are welcome to correct me but I've read that factory build schwinn whizzers where only available for 2 or 3 years and it was because schwinn had sued the whizzer company for copying there cantilever frame and whizzer made a deal with schwinn to provide the engines and schwinn will sell them with a custom build frame. If you search the net for the whizzer company history you will find this info. Personally I will never cut a frame to add an engine or buy a frame that was cut to add an engine, it will never be original again, or it could never be restore. But if you like it that's all that matters, just remember that a cut frame will bring the value down

Thanks for the add'l info., very interesting. Without mentioning any numbers, the amount I have in this restored bike is well below it's present value and it runs real good. This is going to be one of my personal bikes I zoom around in. It's so much fun to go out for lunch, coffee, etc. and get so many comments from people, mainly the older folks (by the way I'm 65) who had owned or know of the "Whizzers" in their day. To me that's what it's all about. You have to enjoy your toys or there no fun, IMHO. Attached are some more pics of the whizz finished with the pinstripping done.

Attachments

• P1010105.jpg
    P1010105.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 77
  • P1010107.jpg
    P1010107.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 85
  • P1010108.jpg
    P1010108.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 88
  • P1010106.jpg
    P1010106.jpg