When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

prewar schwinn whizzer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
A few weeks ago I saw a Whizzer very similar to yours auctioned off on "Auction Kings" for 2000 dollars.

1948 Whizzer Progect Progress

Well guys the restoration is underway. Here's a few pics of the progress. The frame, engine are cleaned and polished. The frame is in a final fitting of parts before going to paint shop. More pics to follow.

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0341.jpg
    IMG_0341.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0340.jpg
    IMG_0340.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 134
  • whizzer%201.jpeg
    whizzer%201.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 159
So So sad to see the original paint go :( But congrats on the progress with you're bike!

I agree with keeping OG paint but on closer inspection, it looks like he may have only scrapped the frame paint which really should'nt be a surprise since he welded new supports.

He may still have the OG fenders, fork and other bits...

The picture looks much better than in person. The paint was orig. yes, but rusted thru in many places. The fenders were very bad, many little dents, welds. patches, etc. The fenders now on the Whiz are NOS from a 47 or 48 Schwinn 26" cruiser. So basically the are the exact fenders the came with the orig bike (minus the cut out for the light, which I didn't like anyway). By the way the old schwinn fenders are 4" wide. These fenders are very hard to find NOS in original primer. The seat is a real orig. charmer. I polished it and recovered it in orig. tan leather. It came out very nice. The orig. owner had to slice the frame to fit the engine. The motor mounts used were real old orig. 1939, early 40's type mounts whizzer used for those years. They lift the engine a little higher than the later mounts. Apparently this was the reason the lower straight bar was cut. I had two supports welded in place to add extra strength. Not very noticeable when everything is assembled. The serial no. (E37115) was researched and the Schwinn Excelsior was built in 9/10/1948. If anyone has ever drove a Whizzer without a front suspension, you bounce around this so much it isn't pleasant to ride any periods of time. Then you'll know why I switched to an original early 1949 schwinn springer. I was told that some of these models could be ordered with the springer. So I'm trying to keep most everything original and only use orig. schwinn parts for that era, circa 1948. Thanks for the interest. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
That is an insane score!! Not only, (as others have stated,) is the bike alone wonderful, the motor kit is great too. I would try to get twist grip throttle and compression releases for it. It looks like a Monark sprocket, but Whizzers wanted a smaller front sprocket. Chainguard shouldn't be too difficult to find. I freaking LOVE it. Jealous.

Okay, I didn't notice the frame cut and welded like that before. NEVER seen that! Very different. I hate to say: wrong rack, and wrong front sprocket. My original old Whizzer had a smaller Schwinn sweetheart sprocket. That one looks Monark to me. (?)

I liked the original paint too and I would have never touched it, but it's yours. I'm sure the final product will be to your liking. Schwinn did make a more heavy duty spring that retro fitted these springers to make up for the extra weight of the engine, gas, etc. (FYI)

Last edited:
Whizzer

Thanks for the info guys. I didn't know that the spocket wasn't the orig. I see what I can do. I know the rack isn't original, but for the time being and to be thrifty, I'll use this one til. I acquire a schwinn rack. The seat I thought was the original seat schwinn put on that bike. The seat from what I can tell sells for way over hundred dollars and you rarely see one in this condition. I have to watch my budget, I just purchased a running good "H" model whizzer engine and a original locking fork springer frame (not together) to go with engine for my next build. Attached is a pic of the frame. I like whizzers, it's obvious. I'm also including a picture of a Whizzer I saw and this is what I want my whizzer to look like when finished

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!gwE06JERsKkBNeC5mKh6Q~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqZ,!gwE06JERsKkBNeC5mKh6Q~~_3.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 2449199516_201f5b204b_z.jpg
    2449199516_201f5b204b_z.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Back