When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Schwinn With odd original Parts Need Help I.D.ing

-

Rear Facing Drop Out

I live for the CABE
This bike has intreged me for about a year and I was finally able to secure it in a trade. It looks Org. Exept for the tires.
What I can see alot of it looks normal but the fenders and the guard. Thanks for any help.

IMG_1251.JPG

IMG_1252.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

IMG_1254.JPG

IMG_1255.JPG

IMG_1256.JPG

IMG_1257.JPG

IMG_1258.JPG

Third pic down....Ladies Excelsior Schwinn 39? 40? bike rusty.
Very unusual bike with factory chrome plated fenders that were Autocycle/Motorbike profile
plus the guard you find on Aluminum fendered DX etc models.
Was on the fence about that one....just a bit too rough, but an example
of what was possible "outside the box" we're accustomed to with Schwinn built stuff.
An anomaly for sure!

So now it's "ok" to restore your Motorbike / Attocycle etc with chrome plated fenders...
as long as you use that very hard to find chain guard.

Is this the same bike? (Ann Arbor last spring)
View attachment 704198

That's the bike! Very unusual build....first time I have Ever seen chrome plated deluxe Autocycle fenders on a bike stock....as slightly toasted as the bike is...fenders are remarkably straight!

That should open up some doors for Restoration ideas on any Super Deluxe Autocycle or even Motorbike.

Yes those are the same fenders 1936-38 B model fenders CHROME plated by the factory
with the big Alum fender bike style guard..... Saw the bike in person at Anne Arbor and was verrrry tempted to grab it.

I had one of those guards and sold it because I thought it was just an aftermarket piece. This prewar DX is on ebay now. Looks like the same guard.
prewar henderson.jpg

I can see the difference now that you pointed it out. This one's probably aftermarket then?

Back