When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Shelby Seat Cinch Bolt

-

saladshooter

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Howdy,

I'm in the market for a seat post cinch bolt for a prewar Shelby. Let me know if you have a spare.

Thanks
Chad

This is what I have available. The far left is a colson I believe and it is 1 3/8" long fine thread and it locks down the seat post and was for a bike without a carrier. If this one won't do I have 2 others available as well in the photo.

seat and seat tube bolts 001.JPG

Howdy Ed

I think the center one is what I'm looking for. But the picture is a little blurry. Does it have a "pin" on the top end on the shaft that fits in a notch on the seat post clamp to keep from spinning when tightened?

How much you after?

Thanks
Chad

Hi Chad, it is not a pin but a square. I can look to see if I have one with a strait line if that is what you mean instead of a square to keep it from spinning. Let me know.

Hi Chad, it is not a pin but a square. I can look to see if I have one with a strait line if that is what you mean instead of a square to keep it from spinning. Let me know.
I'm looking for a bolt with the middle head above and a key on the bolt shaft to align with the notch in the photo to stop the bolt from spinning when tightened.
Thanks
Chad
IMG_20170619_172658.jpg

I have one like that that has been replated on the far left and looks like someone added an S to it to make it a schwinn. It is for a carrier and is 1 3/4" in length minus the end.The one on the far right is AS and has 2 pins not one and is shorter and not for a carrier I don't think. The replated one is a quarter inch in diamiter or a little bit more.

bolts 2 001.JPG

bolts 2 002.JPG

Thanks Ed, but the only one that would work it seems is way too shiny for my application.
Chad
I have one like that that has been replated on the far left and looks like someone added an S to it to make it a schwinn. It is for a carrier and is 1 3/4" in length minus the end.The one on the far right is AS and has 2 pins not one and is shorter and not for a carrier I don't think. The replated one is a quarter inch in diamiter or a little bit more.

View attachment 484253

View attachment 484254

You could always remove the plating grind off the S and let it rust a little bit. I have access to a liquid that would help the metal get a slight rusty patina.

Back