When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PreWar straight bar ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mrg

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Trying to figure year/model of this frame before I do anything with it, came just frame/fork, no badge but has the lower feet in the outline and a oval outline left on the downtube, odd looking serial number with no distinct letter and some double stamping, so any help?

It's a "C" model. C107 or C97 (plain jane) depending on what it was equipped with. Am I right ? Also looks more like a 37 paint scheme then a 36 to me. Sometimes it's tough to determine by serial numbers.

Ain't that the truth! If it had a tapered stand it would be a 1946. Ha! That's a weird serial number too. Looks like some of the stampings were before paint and some after paint. Not sure what Schwinn's practices were at that time, but when the numbers were machine stamped they were stamped on the shell before it was used in building a frame.

Back