When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Western Flyer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It would be super neat if you could find paperboy bags to finish off this reliving of your childhood delivering newspapers, use them to carry groceries maybe.

here are some pics of the inner parts ,you can see the code on the end of the cones

It's possible that your hub was repaired with older parts but I also think the dates on parts may have been continued through the life of its production.

That frame, it's mysterious, an drop out ear for stand and curved down tubes makes it transitional. I've tried to discover another that guys, years ago, back into 2008 and up, attempted to make a serial number data base, I'd thought presented it but I can't find it. Those that were brought up didn't have ears hence I think most figured 1941 was the last year for them on CWC frames and drop bars curving

but it's got to be post 1941. But then, that makes it a war time bike without blackout parts. however, surely bikes in 1942 were not all black outs because the US was just getting geared up. I think, pretty good odds yours is last production, transitional 1942.

There's also the likely hood your rims and or small parts are older, yet, there's another door, built with prewar parts due to war effort ending production. Last frame made as the war era began with old stock parts.. and the old, it's been repaired with old parts; blackouts, perhaps, striped off post war.

All that effort back in 2008 to create a data base, yet, the main ingredients of their collection was never combined for peps to access easily. 36-41 letter codes, war era differences and codes etc.

Last edited:
It would be super neat if you could find paperboy bags to finish off this reliving of your childhood delivering newspapers, use them to carry groceries maybe.
That would be cool. I would like to try to porch some morning papers just for fun.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1475086760.841964.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1475086842.999469.jpg

Anniversary 3 years of riding.
I had to re-pack the rear Morrow; it was slipping occasionally before the sand; slipping often on my way home....
It is good to go now; lets ride.
IMG_5184.JPG
IMG_5189.jpg
IMG_5210.JPG
IMG_5384.JPG

So, Im on my 2nd set of cream Fat Franks, running Schwalbe tubes with threaded valve stems, absolutely love the saddle restoration, and have 3 years of riding rust re-building on the front of the truss rods.
I suck at maintenance; but also love the look of a bike that is used, maybe like a kid woulda' used it.
This bike has not had these fenders removed since installed new.
I have grown in my love of bikes; plenty of times in my life, I woulda' removed them 1st.:blush:

Last edited:
I think this bike is fantastic. It has a very solid or substantial look. A bike to be taken seriously.

I really like those brick pattern pedal blocks.

BTW, What the heck is this thing? *

imageuploadedbytapatalk1487768548-328003-jpg.jpg

*Google says Foxtail Agave

Last edited:
Back