When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Western Flyer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I love the feeling of taking an old bicycle and “giving it’s dignity back”. Truly food for the soul. Great to see you with your connection to your ride. Your enjoyment in riding the miles is an inspiration to us all.
Thanks!
...to Inspire to Ride....:D

...do it more/love it more...

This bike and its stunning original pinstripes and what you do with it pretty much represents everything I truly love about them. Not just owning, but making memories and writing an entirely new chapter in an old bikes life when it was counted out long ago.
You got me really itchin for a long cruise now...

I'm quite partial to the prewar CWC Western Flyers, myself. One of my first jobs was putting together department store bikes for a Western Auto at age 15. The chan store started with a fifteen dollar investment, selling mail order Motel T parts and grew to a strong regional, almost national chain, I think. Any straight bar bike with a mighty Morrow coaster is a must-buy for those who built and rode Klunkers. I imagine this bike riding to a defense plant during the week and to the beach on weekends, maybe even carrying a surfboard, who knows? Maybe it belonged to Marlyn Monroe, she worked at a defense plant. One can dream. The LA BL plate is a real treat, too. By the postwar period they switched to decals, which can't be so easily removed. That's a sweet bike and I bet it got loved by the person who owned it, they put mud flaps on it to make it special to them. Also, did they switch from balloon tires to something skinnier?

@tripple3 , you definitely are an inspiration to make your ride your own. I really take time and look at every pic you post to see what "new " item you have placed somewhere on your daily rider!

This bike and its stunning original pinstripes and what you do with it pretty much represents everything I truly love about them. Not just owning, but making memories and writing an entirely new chapter in an old bikes life when it was counted out long ago.

I'm quite partial to the prewar CWC Western Flyers, myself. One of my first jobs was putting together department store bikes for a Western Auto at age 15. The chan store started with a fifteen dollar investment, selling mail order Motel T parts and grew to a strong regional, almost national chain, I think. Any straight bar bike with a mighty Morrow coaster is a must-buy for those who built and rode Klunkers. I imagine this bike riding to a defense plant during the week and to the beach on weekends, maybe even carrying a surfboard, who knows? Maybe it belonged to Marlyn Monroe, she worked at a defense plant. One can dream. The LA BL plate is a real treat, too. By the postwar period they switched to decals, which can't be so easily removed. That's a sweet bike and I bet it got loved by the person who owned it, they put mud flaps on it to make it special to them. Also, did they switch from balloon tires to something skinnier?
Thank you. Truly a "Gift from Above", "Blessed beyond measure", grateful every day.
7 Year Anniversary Bump.
Calendar year 2021, Western Flyer and the Sun carrier bag, "went back to work",
hauling me and "boy's lunch", 4216 miles.
At the swap, my buddy heard, "It has been hanging in the rafters, a Long Time"; 7 years ago, on a Wednesday no-less....
Do things happen for a "REASON"?🤓🧐🤩🥳😎
Leavin' for Electrical work, at Knott's Berry Farm: 100 year old "Theme Park"...🥰

IMG_6766.jpg

Light, Joy, Peace, LOVE!!!

@kentercanyon Also, did they switch from balloon tires to something skinnier?
Yes look at 1st pic, 1.75" tires.
1648811255316.png

Still have the rack and bits for "flaps", and the drop stand.
I removed it because the chain "lengthening", made the brake arm hit it,
or the chain was seriously loose.
Still running the old chain and cog,
'cause they still work.😊
IMG_5278.jpg

wearing it out, many years later....

The "Real Fun" is in the "Un-seen"...
The LA BL plate is a real treat, too. By the postwar period they switched to decals, which can't be so easily removed. That's a sweet bike and I bet it got loved by the person who owned it, they put mud flaps on it to make it special to them. Also, did they switch from balloon tires to something skinnier?
Almost like "Magic". LOVE is!
Hi Mark. I just discovered this thread last night. Such a cool story of an amazing bike. Well done and thanks.
Hey Joe; what's Up Down-under? @ozzie
Calendar year 2022 total: 11,966 miles
Raining news years eve; I went home knowing my lack, but "OK" with it!
3898 miles rode, on this same chain/cog, 26/10 1" pitch gear.
Do things really happen for a Reason?
Ponder... please don't post polarizing opinions.😍🤓☺️
img_0126-jpg.jpg

Moon phases waxing or waning...better every Day!
8 year Anniversary Bump, on "April Fools Day"!!!

All good down here buddy. Just about to leave for the Sunday morn’ shop and then heading to the office to grab Teenage Dirtbag and cruise the city. Its ready and waiting for another 82 years of use after its latest resurrection on a different continent!

60630034-7196-4860-91DC-09E87C7FCF7C.jpeg

Back