When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prewar Westfield Fork Question?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dougfisk

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
What? ...don't Westfield built bikes attach the fender to the underside of the fork crown? I have 2 forks I believe to be prewar Westfield in origin. Both have large voids on the bottomside of the crown where one would expect to find a threaded hole to insert a fender attaching bolt. :confused: What am I missing here? :confused:

1386557321_zpsf386133b-1.jpg

1386557329_zps9f7ecaad-1.jpg

Ya' see what i've been saying !!

Something unnatural going on over at the house of fisk ;)

Lot's of forking around going on there seems to me ...

pap

Many Westfield forks like that have a square-head flat-head bolt with washer that is installed from the top, before the stem. It threads into a square nut to hold the mudguard on.

Doug, Just send that Robin back to California and everything will be fine. No need to worry or lose sleep. I'll take care of it. ;)

I knew I took a picture of it somewhere.. and here it is. A long bolt and some washers. If you look down the fork, you should see a ledge that will hold the washer. So it does have to be the right size to fit inside the steer tube, yet still big enough to sit on the small ledge.

tDnrNci-1.jpg

I knew I took a picture of it somewhere.. and here it is. A long bolt and some washers. If you look down the fork, you should see a ledge that will hold the washer. So it does have to be the right size to fit inside the steer tube, yet still big enough to sit on the small ledge.

tDnrNci-1.jpg

AH-Hah! I can do that!

Thank You!

Back