When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Price Change 1946 Schwinn B6 $400.00 Shipped in the lower 48

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dave laidacker

Wore out three sets of tires already!
1946 Rust Flashed Schwinn B6 (I believe).

I don't know if anyone is interested in this bike or not. The surprising thing is this is a very solid, straight and ride-able bike.
The tank is solid and straight.
The fenders are pretty darn straight.
Other then the Rust Flash surface there are 2 small holes on the front fender next to the light housing.
When the light housing is removed it is also Rust Flashed but solid with no holes.
I am not sure what type of wheels are on the bike but they are not S2's.
The tires are new.
The chain is new.
It rides and brakes.
The rear carrier is very straight.
Before the finish was performed this had to be a descent bike.
Serial number H64789

$400.00 shipped in the lower 48.
Dave Laidacker
Danville PA 17821

Call 570-220-9523

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1018.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

IMG_1021.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

Last edited:
Is this badged as a BF Goodrich? Head badge looks like a BFG but hard to make out. Might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I kinda like it.

Is this badged as a BF Goodrich? Head badge looks like a BFG but hard to make out. Might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I kinda like it.
Don't get me wrong - if I were in the market for a ballooner at the moment, I'd love to pick this up for the price and ride it. I'd probably go over the rust with WD or something to subdue it a bit, but a straight B6 for $400 shipped? Yes please. I'm just lamenting what it probably was before the "treatment."

Wait - someone did that intentionally?!?! I guess so, looking at the condition of the hardware versus frame and sheetmetal. Sad. Still a worthy restoration candidate. GLWS!
I've seen old cars intentionally treated with this process. Trying to replicate the facade of a "barn find patina". If you don't care for it on a bicycle you should see what it looks like on early 50 Chevy truck and panel truck.

Back