When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Price lowered- 1950 Schwinn Deluxe women's- Sad story, but maybe you can bring a happy ending

-

Coot

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi, gang. I'm selling this partial 1950 Schwinn that was well into its restoration when the owner's wife passed away. He sadly but understandably lost any desire to finish the bike. Eventually he passed as well and the bike was relegated to a box where it's been sitting for the last 21 years.

The bodywork and paint have been done on all the parts shown. Everything is straight and clean. The person who did the bodywork was a true professional who metal finished all parts rather than just filling dents, dings, etc. He then painted the parts and color sanded everything. In other words, all the paint is smooth and well done. I believe he matched another Schwinn sitting in his shop to get the masking correct so the bike should be very close to original in that regard. I believe he also color-matched a Schwinn of the same year to get the right paint colors.

The paint is still clean and without issues aside from one very small pit in one of the fork blades. It's small, but you can see it in the closeup photo of the blades. As with all bikes, the insides of the fenders, tanks and such aren't finished to the same high standard as the display portions of the parts, but they have been painted to deter rust and are perfectly satisfactory. Beyond that I see no issues on any of the parts like scratches, dents, etc. The chrome parts are obviously in original finish, but all painted parts are great.

I never knew what happened to the missing parts; I think they were in a separate box that has long since disappeared. What's left is the frame (Serial #G146136 from the best I can tell), the front and rear fenders w/fenderlight mount, both tank halves, the spring fork sides, fork column (non-locking), rear carrier with legs, chainguard, handlebars with brace, spring fork chrome struts and a semi-intact fenderlight cover which I'd replace. It has pitting through the top.

The paintwork was $800 nearly 25 years ago so I'm hoping my asking price is in line.

If you'd like more information or more photos please PM me. I'm asking $600 o.b.o.

Coot
Buzz Bomb Bicycles

DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

One other note: that is indeed red-on-red pinstriping throughout. The owner swore that was how the bike originally was. You Schwinn guys can debate that to your heart's content.

Back