When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pristine condition bikes and whatever's

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

eddie_bravo

Wore out three sets of tires already!
To each his own-
My worthless two cents opinion on it

Don't bring your pristine bikes or whatever item your "showing off" without a barrier rope and signs that read. "Don't stand by it or photograph up close".

I Get this a lot at some bike ride gatherings and recently at a yard sale

I get it , I get, I get. It's worth a lot more than my "Patina rust bucket"

But come on- don't tell me and my boys not to get close to it because it's worth more than I know- I not stupid and neither are my boys

My boys love to take photos at car shows and bike gatherings

Today this "butt head" saw my son trying to take a picture by his hot rod - so he walks up and stares at me and stays within the picture frame

So I calmly said "Troy let's go that car is not photogenic your bike seems to outshine it"

ac1fc5c18a8fbef8601f871ce7d60634.jpg

bb4e2eae56bb0dd958dd923e9742bc8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just think that since etiquette is pretty much gone from today's society, people tend to get nervous when they see somebody getting all touchy feely with something that they've spent half their net worth on.

So true. I was on a test drive one day and saw some dirtbag sitting on my Fairlane's front fender talking on his phone. I whipped around and said "I know it may look like a piece of poop, but it's MY piece of poop, so get the hell off my car". I came back and parked it on the dealer lot just in case he decided to pinstripe my car with his keys....

The Car world is a lot different then our bike world.And Im rather surprised that the car world folks let bikes close to their prized rides!Plus the simple fact is some folk lack common sense,Photos or not .And what stumps me is lots of photos here,on the Cabe are at car shows,with bikes,next to vintage rides.And I must admit,the last thing I would want to happen is a photo op to go wrong and the Torrington bars just messed up my paint job ,Or because the Miller kickstand gave way or that rear drop stand did not stand !So on that note,keep your bikes out of falling range during that photo op,and, Watch The Way The Wind Blows!PS How much was that ladder?

I see both sides of the coin. I spent 40 years at car shows and can tell you that the number 2 fear of car owners (number 1 being sudden rain) is people on bikes, followed by people with pets. Best things to do is to WALK your bike at least 5 feet away from the cars. Years ago, I had a 49 Packard. This yuppie type rides his 27 speed, or whatever, right up to the car, leans over to look inside, and dripped ice cream all over the front seat. When I yelled at him, he got all shook up and rode over to security to tell them about the encounter. I told them what happened and they ushered him out of the show. It was laughable, except for the clean up of the front seat. In reality, most kids have more common sense and courtesy than their parents.

I don't mind people getting a picture with the bike its when people come up and start trying to turn on lights, sit on the bike, or otherwise mess with it. A couple of months ago in Charlotte I was riding my restored Bluebird and we stopped for coffee. I came out and some guy is trying to pose his kid leaning on my bike! Yea I got a little nervous and told the kid quick to get off the bike. You gotta respect other people's property. Anyone bought an original Bluebird headlight lens lately? That's my 2c. V/r Shawn

Agreed- DON'T TOUCH
And leave 3' between the bike and the car
That's what I've taught my kids

b2022b4be73cfb09b7e89c04f8b4a022.jpg

To each his own-
My worthless two cents opinion on it

Don't bring your pristine bikes or whatever item your "showing off" without a barrier rope and signs that read. "Don't stand by it or photograph up close".

I Get this a lot at some bike ride gatherings and recently at a yard sale

I get it , I get, I get. It's worth a lot more than my "Patina rust bucket"

But come on- don't tell me and my boys not to get close to it because it's worth more than I know- I not stupid and neither are my boys

My boys love to take photos at car shows and bike gatherings

Today this "butt head" saw my son trying to take a picture by his hot rod - so he walks up and stares at me and stays within the picture frame

So I calmly said "Troy let's go that car is not photogenic your bike seems to outshine it"

ac1fc5c18a8fbef8601f871ce7d60634.jpg

bb4e2eae56bb0dd958dd923e9742bc8f.jpg

It's odd to me that the purists in the car world don't understand how bike people respect them and are very careful not to damage. Same passion....... I am taking one of my bikes here tomorrow, been here the last 2 days. I will probably take a couple of hundred pics of my bike next to some cool "Cars". Hopefully, I can get the owners in them......

chrr-2015.jpg

http://www.famosoraceway.com/california-hot-rod-reunion.html

Car guys as well as bike guys can be real nuts about their toys (me included).

back in the early 1980's I had my 1954 VW Kombi displayed at a SOTO Bus show. I was sitting in the front of my bus relaxing when suddenly I hear a loud slam of my rear engine lid. I went to the back of my bus to investigate and I see a man and his son standing there with a look of fear in their eyes.

Turns out, his son decided to force the lid of my bus shut without depressing in the the prop arm. He bend the snot out of the prop arm but luckily for his wallet, no other damage was done. A few hundred later, it was settled.

However, till this day, over 30 years later, I no longer leave my engine lid open displaying the motor of my Barndoor bus. I trust no one.

BTW, I had a "LOOK BUT DO NOT TOUCH" sign displayed in the engine bay.

This is the Bus
P1110884.JPG

Back