When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Professional Racer Woody Hedspeth 1903

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've been banging my head against a wall trying to dig up more on Woody as well, but with all the various spellings, and all the various other challenges, I'm not coming up with too much else either. I did find a woman online who says she is Woody's great-granddaughter, but she doesn't appear active on the account where she posted. My last ditch effort will be to go to the Indiana State Museum and go page by page through some of the African American newspapers of the era.
Speaking of which, there are so many conflicting spellings, dates, locations...while I know he lived in Indy at some point, I do think he came from Kentucky. Anyone else who wants to strategize on how to track down more on Woody, please LMK. I am up for it. Cheers.

I've been banging my head against a wall trying to dig up more on Woody as well, but with all the various spellings, and all the various other challenges, I'm not coming up with too much else either. I did find a woman online who says she is Woody's great-granddaughter, but she doesn't appear active on the account where she posted. My last ditch effort will be to go to the Indiana State Museum and go page by page through some of the African American newspapers of the era.
Speaking of which, there are so many conflicting spellings, dates, locations...while I know he lived in Indy at some point, I do think he came from Kentucky. Anyone else who wants to strategize on how to track down more on Woody, please LMK. I am up for it. Cheers.
I talk about him including possible origins in my current book project. It might be a year or so before it is out though. I saw you at the last International Cycling History conference, but I don't believe we met.

Back