When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold PROGRESSIVE CYCLE CO. COMET RACERS, PAIR OF TWO TWIN TRACK BIKES

-
Price
$2500 FOR PAIR PLUS SHIPPING $189
Zipcode

my560sec

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Up For Consideration Is This Pair Of Original Prewar 1920's Circa Progressive Cycle Co. Comet Track Bikes...
Bikes Overall Condition Some High Temperature Surface Blemishes To Paint Grips As Well As Replacement Tires On One Bike,
Other Bike Has It's Original United States Special Racers intact... Saddle Original TROXEL ELYRIA OHIO With Surface Blemishes As Well As Cracks, Rear Hubs Are New Departure Coaster Brake With Solid Wood Rim's But Bike With Replacement Tires Front Rim Has A Crack... Trap Pedals Are Intact With One Bike Having Toe Clips, No Visible Frame Damage Or Cracks, Overall A Solid Pair Of Prewar Westfield / Pope Built Progressive Cycle Comet Racers... Would Ratter Keep As A Pair... $1250 Per Bike, Reason Bikes Came From New Jersey!!! Owner By Two Brother's... To My Understanding One Of The Brother's Went Off To War And Never Return Home... Thanks For Looking!

IMG_3482.JPG

IMG_3483.JPG

IMG_3485.JPG

IMG_3486.JPG

IMG_3487.JPG

IMG_3488.JPG

IMG_3489.JPG

IMG_3490.JPG

IMG_3494.JPG

IMG_3496.JPG

IMG_3497.JPG

IMG_3498.JPG

IMG_3500.JPG

IMG_3501.JPG

IMG_3503.JPG

IMG_3504.JPG

IMG_3505.JPG

IMG_3506.JPG

IMG_3510.JPG

Last edited:
Nice bikes for sure, but I would say mid to late 1920s at the earliest due to the sprockets and Westfield seat post tube decal.

I stand corrected, that is if those are the original hubs, so probably early to mid 1930s

Agree with your dating of bikes, Mid to late 1920s at the earliest due to the sprockets and Westfield seat post tube decal.
Bikes did come with a hanging label indicating year 1914 circa which I question... Decided to stay with that...

Back