When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project #1 1951 Shelby step-thru

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That is one beautiful bike! Congrats to you! Looks amazing, a few finishing touches and you will be looking for the next one to do. Great save on a deserving bike! Joe

That came out really sweet. I see we move on about the same time lines--well maybe I'm slower! I have a girls Speedline I started about three years ago that just needs the seat done and chrome. Maybe I'll get off my duff this summer and finish it! V/r Shawn

Todays photo is where I think we will call it finished. [I lack the install of head badge and serial number plate. I also have a 'stretched chain', which I'm hard headed enough to try to repair; as opposed, to replace].This is one TALL bike! About 32", ground to seat top.
20050365_1980263111999169_68258576_o.jpg

Instead of 'Torrington 8' pedals, we ended up with 'Torrington 9'.
20049032_1980262368665910_479986134_o.jpg
Thanks to all that commented and/or liked! Today, I trucked it back to the man/place where I bought this bike, to keep my promise to let him see the final product. That was a prideful moment; but, hopefully an acceptable amount of pride.

Last edited:
Todays photo is where I think we will call it finished. [I lack the install of head badge and serial number plate. I also have a 'stretched chain', which I'm hard headed enough to try to repair; as opposed, to replace].This is one TALL bike! About 32", ground to seat top. View attachment 643761

Instead of 'Torrington 8' pedals, we ended up with 'Torrington 9'.
View attachment 643762 Thanks to all that commented and/or liked! Today, I trucked it back to the man/place where I bought this bike, to keep my promise to let him see the final product. That was a prideful moment; but, hopefully an acceptable amount of pride.
Awesome job! Beautiful Shelby.

Back