When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project '53 Monark spare parts build

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I just built a bare metal Cruiser out of extra Monark parts. Used tandem wheels to get the heavy spoke look, and the Sunlite 26" x 2.50s diamond cut tread. They fill the bike up nicely.

View attachment 1520962
Man, I'm definitely diggin' this ride. Those tires!.......I'm in the process of a similar build, just waiting for the postman to bring a thread cutting die to add threads to a springer fork that doesn't quite fit. I did have some drop centers with 11 ga spokes and will be hooking up a forebrake when I figger out the cable situation.

Man, I'm definitely diggin' this ride. Those tires!.......I'm in the process of a similar build, just waiting for the postman to bring a thread cutting die to add threads to a springer fork that doesn't quite fit. I did have some drop centers with 11 ga spokes and will be hooking up a forebrake when I figger out the cable situation.
Ya, I must admit, I don't lace my wheels, that's why I used the tandems to get the heavier spokes. After all these years, I need to learn how. It would open up so many more options to me on my "Fun" bikes.

Progress... found some cream tires that fit these kooky British rims, and always liked these Shimano pedals, cool seatpost I repurposed... Still waiting for some brass brake levers and brass shifter so I can put it on the bar.

20211219_161527.jpg

20211219_161743.jpg

20211219_161355.jpg

Yup, Sir! The seatpost is a repurposed adjustable 60's Pearl drum arm for holding a tom on the bass drum. It's 7/8". You saw it here first!
Okay, that's one of the coolest repurposed parts I've ever seen on a bicycle! You'll have to let us know just how sturdy that is once you get a chance to put some miles on your Monark!

Back