When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project AEWRON 13

-
Ain't that the truth! Applied the new decals today, plus my tires and brake pads arrived in the mail today, so I'm off to a good start this weekend...

decals2.jpg

decals1.jpg

TiresBrakes.jpg

Thanks, the head badge didn't come out as nice as I had hoped, but I'm happy with the top tube die-cut decal because the font looks very close to the original PINNACLE decal.

Cleaned the parts today, crappy part of the resto, and since we all don't have a Safety-Kleen parts washing bin at home I just make a disposable one with cardboard box and plastic...

CleanParts.jpg

PartsBin.jpg

Also found time today to rebuild both hubs, they are now dialed-in perfectly with all new grease, this rig is gonna roll...

(front bearings were completely dry with no grease, no surprise because they are still building them that way today, lol)

HubFront.jpg

HubRear.jpg

Last edited:
I stopped at the bike shop today on my way home to look through the old rims, and as fate would have it I found two NOS Weinmann 116 polished alloy 27x1.25" rims. They are filthy but I think they will clean up. I was planning on using my original rims because they are in very good condition, but considering I found these "era correct" replacements I'm probably going to use them instead, and it will still have that shiny chrome look...

NewRims1.jpg

NewRims2.jpg

Tested a 12" area on those hoops after dinner tonight, just a quick clean and polish, was curious to see if those corrosion spots were going to polish out by hand, luckily they did...

hoop1.jpg

hoop2.jpg

Thanks, I've been using Simichrome for sometime now, its popular in the HD crowd, its my go-to metal polish and like it better than Mothers or Blue Magic.

Good to know; I've always been a "Mothers" bhoy :). I'll have to get some for my Rudge and Hercules projects

Back