When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project! "Half & Half"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oldfart36

Riding One Of My Monark Super Deluxe's
Thought I would go ahead and post this now, because we are dangerously getting close to being done with this one!
Project! ""Half & Half". 1948 JC Higgins using a 40's Hawthorne front end. Front end, headlight, tank, bobbed rear fender (Elgin), and youth seat top (Colson large trike), will be sealed bare metal, while frame will be "let the layers of paint and metal show, then sealed" as we work on frame. Wheels will be bare metal as well.

Mock up before working frame.

20180127_131119.jpg

Some of the bare metal parts almost ready to go.

20180125_164256.jpg
20180123_170257.jpg

Frame is ready for gloss clear coat now!

20180215_142151.jpg

Purists, please don't hate me!!LOL Just having fun with this one. While the bike was original red and white, it had it's repaints.

Last edited:
Lookin' good, have fun w/ it. Looks like you have a couple of cute cheerleaders in the background there.

Looks like a cool project. I probably would have left the frame just like it was though! V/r Shawn

"Half & Half" is on the ground. Needs some minor tweeks. Was trying to get the rear of the chain guard as low as possible for the look, and went to low on the table. Easy fix, and chain, he be done!

20180308_153206 (1).jpg

Back