When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Schwinn Dixie Dreamcycle: My Entry for the 16th Annual Rat Rod Bikes Build Off

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'm still pretty sore from it. The physical wounds have healed up for the most part, but emotionally, I'm still pretty bummed about what happened.

Sad thing was, I could've sworn we did put a sleeve in it. Guess not. I don't know about saving that fork, but thanks for sharing that video! That could be really useful down the road.
Yeah sorry about the crash and burn.. Glad to hear your all but healed up and get back on your bikes and ride.. This can't be good for your OCD either.. Be well and RideOn.. Razin..

Yeah sorry about the crash and burn.. Glad to hear your all but healed up and get back on your bikes and ride.. This can't be good for your OCD either.. Be well and RideOn.. Razin..
Thanks. My wrists are still not happy, as even turning a door handle the wrong way aggravates them, but the pain's mild and infrequent enough that I can work on my bikes again. Good thing too, as I've been OCDing about some other bikes in my collection that I bought back in September.

This is my (according to the C.A.B.E.,) 1962 Murray-built OTASCO bike I bought off a friend for $35. It's been on the back burner since then, mostly because I don't know how I want to build it. I have a few ideas, but I want to do some physical and digital mockups before I commit to anything.

I also bought this Murray bike not long after, mostly for the springer fork. It's in rougher shape than I'd like, but these girls' Murray bikes have such a good look to them, especially with a TRM conversion tank! I want to mockup both of these Murrays tomorrow to help decide what direction I want to take them.

I really want to mockup these 2 bikes tomorrow for 2 reasons:

1. If there's anything my fabricator friend can do to help me with these bikes, I'd like to figure that out now before I make the relatively long trip down to his place again, so I can make the most use my time there. I've got another Murray I'm currently building for the Rat Rod Bikes Muscle Bike Build Off this winter, and my friend's helping me with any fabrication that bike needs, including frame repairs. If we can knock out a few issues on these other bikes while I'm there, that would be a great use of my time.

2. I'm trying to get back into working on my art again, but I've been OCDing on these bikes so much over the past 2 years that I'm having a really hard time switching gears and illustrating my cartoon characters, concept art, and storyboards. Heck, even sketching fan art of my favorite cartoons is a challenge! I'm hoping that if I mock up these 2 bikes and figure out what I want to do with them, I can get that all out of my system and clear my mind enough to start working on my art again.

Last edited:
Thanks. My wrists are still not happy, as even turning a door handle the wrong way aggravates them, but the pain's mild and infrequent enough that I can work on my bikes again. Good thing too, as I've been OCDing about some other bikes in my collection that I bought back in September.

This is my (according to the C.A.B.E.,) 1962 Murray-built OTASCO bike I bought off a friend for $35. It's been on the back burner since then, mostly because I don't know how I want to build it. I have a few ideas, but I want to do some physical and digital mockups before I commit to anything.
View attachment 1522331

I also bought this Murray bike not long after, mostly for the springer fork. It's in rougher shape than I'd like, but these girls' Murray bikes have such a good look to them, especially with a TRM conversion tank! I want to mockup both of these Murrays tomorrow to help decide what direction I want to tank them.
View attachment 1522332

I really want to mockup these 2 bikes tomorrow for 2 reasons:

1. If there's anything my fabricator friend can do to help me with these bikes, I'd like to figure that out now before I make the relatively long trip down to his place again, so I can make the most use my time there. I've got another Murray I'm currently building for the Rat Rod Bikes Muscle Bike Build Off this winter, and my friend's helping me with any fabrication that bike needs, including frame repairs. If we can knock out a few issues on these other bikes while I'm there, that would be a great use of my time.

2. I'm trying to get back into working on my art again, but I've been OCDing on these bikes so much over the past 2 years that I'm having a really hard time switching gears and illustrating my cartoon characters, concept art, and storyboards. Heck, even sketching fan art of my favorite cartoons is a challenge! I'm hoping that if I mock up these 2 bikes and figure out what I want to do with them, I can get that all out of my system and clear my mind enough to start working on my art again.
Yeah, i like these Murray built bikes as i have several of these bikes and i just picked up a rat trap springer for a Flightliner build that i'll be working on in the next couple of weeks.. Good luck Austin and keep up the good fight, you will surly come out on top in the end... RideOn.. Razin..

Yeah, i like these Murray built bikes as i have several of these bikes and i just picked up a rat trap springer for a Flightliner build that i'll be working on in the next couple of weeks.. Good luck Austin and keep up the good fight, you will surly come out on top in the end... RideOn.. Razin..
Sweet! Send me some pics of those Murrays whenever you got time! Thanks Mark! I may still be a little sore, but that's not going to stop me from working on these bikes! Take care dude!

Back