When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROJECT QUICK CHANGE - SUBJECT: Schwinn Dixie (Custom 1950s Schwinn DX Bare Metal Bike)

-
Sweeeeeet. Do you race it, or are the slicks mostly for looks? I love the paint on it, age and all. Also... is that a bass drum pedal for a gas pedal?
As for hijacking my thread with 1965 Mercury Comet awesomeness...

Yeah, I've raced it before.........but never on a track. 😏 The gas pedal is an old Cal Custom part, they made the one like mine and a barefoot 'Hippie' version too.

Man y'all gotta stop showin' me this kinda bad ass cool stuff; you're giving me ideas & I already have too much in my head, not enough bikes, and time + money 🤣
Lmao! I feel ya on that! Most the pieces I use are found at garage sales, second hand stores, trash pick up piles left on the curb and people just giving me things just to see what I do with it! Lmao! Ok....just a few more! Used a lamp shade, and muffler tubing to make the gun sight radiator cap, b-25 oxygen tank for the fuel tank, and the end of ww1 rifle shell casings to plug on wanted holes!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back