When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROJECT QUICK CHANGE - SUBJECT: Schwinn Dixie (Custom 1950s Schwinn DX Bare Metal Bike)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here’s my best artistic advice.....chose a general direction for your project with out an exact expected look. As you work on these projects you’ll find that it’s more of an evolving adventure rather than an expected destination. So for me I choose a desired theme I want to achieve. For example my 34 I wanted a teens-twenty’s motorcycle look. My black phantom is a 50’s lead sled. My 40ish Shelby is an industrial deco look. The dx I’m doing right now is an OG gangster look. None of these have gone as expected because each piece changed the character of them but all of them end up with the over all expression of their original direction. I love way to many styles and would go crazy to try to put them all into one bike. I’d never finish it! Lmao!

86A554B4-BF00-4D4F-B748-35246B85B01F.jpeg

ED399F98-F292-4B98-9941-324DF468E057.png

image.jpg

191765C9-7FB2-4946-97E7-1FD0202C373B.jpeg

Here’s my best artistic advice.....chose a general direction for your project with out an exact expected look. As you work on these projects you’ll find that it’s more of an evolving adventure rather than an expected destination. So for me I choose a desired theme I want to achieve. For example my 34 I wanted a teens-twenty’s motorcycle look. My black phantom is a 50’s lead sled. My 40ish Shelby is an industrial deco look. The dx I’m doing right now is an OG gangster look. None of these have gone as expected because each piece changed the character of them but all of them end up with the over all expression of their original direction. I love way to many styles and would go crazy to try to put them all into one bike. I’d never finish it! Lmao!

View attachment 1425926

View attachment 1425927

View attachment 1425928

View attachment 1425929
Sound advice and I am the same way❗ I like way too many styles of flavors when it comes to bikes & cars/trucks etc

View attachment 1425926

View attachment 1425927

View attachment 1425928

View attachment 1425929
All good advice. I think the first major step is just getting the bike sandblasted, wire brushed, and cleared. If I can get that done and get the bike going as a bare metal canvas, then I can figure everything else out from there. I just got the new sandblaster nozzle in today, now I just need to get the broken remains of the old one out so I can make some serious progress.

Okay guys, I know I've been pretty lax on thread hijacking, but I feel like the thread's getting just a little bit cluttered now. Think we could all try to tone it down some and get back on track? I don't want to sound selfish here, but I feel like some of these discussions are best left for either private chats or the "what project are you working on now" thread, or something similar.

Back