When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROTOTYPE 1989 SCHWINN FLATLAND PRO FRAME

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Clark58mx

Finally riding a big boys bike
IMG_2802.JPG
IMG_2804.JPG
IMG_2805.JPG
IMG_2793.JPG
IMG_2794.JPG
Picked this up at a local bike show. The owner says it's a prototype/preproduction 1989 Schwinn flatland pro frame. I did a comparison myself and confirmed it had many differences from a production frame. This frame has no holes in the rear brake mount. The rear dropouts have a notches on top and they are smaller. The rear coaster brake mount is spot welded on. The serial number starts with GP. This is a NOS frame. The dropouts have no markings from a wheel. Here's some photos.

I'm skeptical of any claims of a prototype on anything unless there is research and documentation to back it up. You have a nice a find. I would just get this checked out by multiple Schwinn and BMX experts and historians and have any confirmations that is a prototype done in handwriting and signed.

Back