When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

prototype Jaguar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've seen at least four different spec sheets for the Jaguars and some of the spec'd items were changed. The one that's posted on the Findley scans that was in the Oct. 53 Schwinn Reporter calls out the Royal Riders in either white or blackwall.
One I believe is an early 54 spec sheet were the tires are said to be the Typhoon with the Blackwall Royal rider as an option. Check out the color options and text saying it has a luggage carrier. Then the 1955 catalog says the tires are the Schwinn Monsoons!!

1955 catalog

Early 1954?

Has anyone ever seen a Dark red, blue, green, Opalescent gold or violet???

The three opalescent colors were red, blue, and green. They also had the black. I have never come across any other colors especially the other colors listed. I’m sure that was a typo in the ad or something that was considered and never happened.

Has anyone ever seen a Dark red, blue, green, Opalescent gold or violet???View attachment 1493976
"Violet in 54, I've never even considered this! Albeit nor had a Jag so, ever bothered for that matter. Gold too, now I get that. 😄 I've never seen tech instructions for secret colors with a new 54 Schwinn but that's not hard to presume on an early Opal red, technical bonus instructions:

"Leave your Opalescent red in sun for 20-50 years and watch the magical transition into pure Gold!!
😜

Back