When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

prototype Jaguar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I pick this 53 frame up. Some say its a Jaguar others say its homemade. Reguardless its definitely repainted with alot the parts swaped out. Im adding these photos just in case anyone else ran into a bike like this.

View attachment 1398482

View attachment 1398483

View attachment 1398484
I'm with @GTs58, I have no doubt that your frame was originally a late '53 or early '54 balloon tire Jaguar. And it looks like everything else on your bike was originally Schwinn (except the stem, maybe), but from a collection of different models over about 20 years. Finding all the original parts now would be take years and stacks of cash, you'd honestly be better off parting it out and putting the money toward a better example. But whoever put yours together came up with an interesting combination, almost like somebody's idea of "Schwinn's Greatest Hits", all in one bike. If it was mine, I'd try to get it back good enough to ride and see how I liked it before I did anything else. Maybe replace that "Mag" chainwheel with a "Clover" version, just for looks.

Last edited:
I'm with @GTs58, I have no doubt that your frame was originally a balloon tire Jaguar. And it looks like everything else on your bike was originally Schwinn, but from a collection of different models over about 20 years. Finding all the original parts now would be take years and stacks of cash, you'd honestly be better off parting it out and putting the money toward a better example. But whoever put yours together came up with an interesting combination, almost like somebody's idea of "Schwinn's Greatest Hits", all in one bike.
I like that schwinn greatest hits . And i agree with you i think these nice parts belong on the correct bikes where they can me more appreciated.

I like that schwinn greatest hits . And i agree with you i think these nice parts belong on the correct bikes where they can me more appreciated.
On closer inspection, @Jim sciano is right, that rear brake caliper bracket does look a bit odd, with the caliper off I can see some details a little better. But if you part it out, some of those parts should bring decent money, and you'll have a good start towards getting what you want.

Last edited:
I wonder if that bracket was welded or brazed on. Schwinn brazed them, so if it's welded that might indicate it wasn't some factory R&D getting the Jags caliper bracket figured out for mass production.

I wonder if that bracket was welded or brazed on. Schwinn brazed them, so if it's welded that might indicate it wasn't some factory R&D getting the Jags caliper bracket figured out for mass production.
I cant tell if this is a braze or not its gold on the sides if that means anything

20210425_174844.jpg

Back