When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulled from the weeds.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

1968fury

Finally riding a big boys bike
Pulled this rollfast bike out of the weeds Thursday and brought it home Friday. It reminds me of the English three speed bikes I have/had.

D5390556-91C4-4091-BD44-782F5C66DAE5.jpeg

7F6D6AE4-DEFD-4648-B100-50369468CA6D.jpeg

I see the serial number but I’m having a problem seeing the numbers. I’ll post the number tomorrow with a picture. I figured it was late 60’s or 70’s.

This bike has a real cool look to it. I like the colors and patina. Nice find!

The head badge is a decal. The tires on the bike were made in Belgium and the size is 26 x 1.375. I've tried to put tires from an English three bike and I can't get the tire onto the rim. It's almost like the tire bead needs to stretch. I compared the original rim and the rim from an English three speed and the roll fast rim is taller with higher sides.

The head badge is a decal. The tires on the bike were made in Belgium and the size is 26 x 1.375. I've tried to put tires from an English three bike and I can't get the tire onto the rim. It's almost like the tire bead needs to stretch. I compared the original rim and the rim from an English three speed and the roll fast rim is taller with higher sides.
That's interesting. Most of the English 3 speeds used 26 x 1-3/8 tires that had a 590 mm bead seat diameter, but some used a "26 x 1-3/8" tire that had a 597 mm bead seat diameter,and most of the Schwinn 26" lightweights also used those tires. Sheldon Brown's page on tire sizes: https://www.sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html

I found a thread about the tires posted a while back and the person had said he had luck getting the 597 or 599 on. I wasn't going to buy tires for this bike, I thought I could use it for parts for the Iver or Columbia. I just wanted the sticker on the seat tube since it was a friends shop here in town next to my grandfathers store. It is up roc sale minus the tires.

Back