When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulled from the weeds.

-

1968fury

Finally riding a big boys bike
Pulled this rollfast bike out of the weeds Thursday and brought it home Friday. It reminds me of the English three speed bikes I have/had.

D5390556-91C4-4091-BD44-782F5C66DAE5.jpeg

7F6D6AE4-DEFD-4648-B100-50369468CA6D.jpeg

I see the serial number but I’m having a problem seeing the numbers. I’ll post the number tomorrow with a picture. I figured it was late 60’s or 70’s.

This bike has a real cool look to it. I like the colors and patina. Nice find!

The head badge is a decal. The tires on the bike were made in Belgium and the size is 26 x 1.375. I've tried to put tires from an English three bike and I can't get the tire onto the rim. It's almost like the tire bead needs to stretch. I compared the original rim and the rim from an English three speed and the roll fast rim is taller with higher sides.

The head badge is a decal. The tires on the bike were made in Belgium and the size is 26 x 1.375. I've tried to put tires from an English three bike and I can't get the tire onto the rim. It's almost like the tire bead needs to stretch. I compared the original rim and the rim from an English three speed and the roll fast rim is taller with higher sides.
That's interesting. Most of the English 3 speeds used 26 x 1-3/8 tires that had a 590 mm bead seat diameter, but some used a "26 x 1-3/8" tire that had a 597 mm bead seat diameter,and most of the Schwinn 26" lightweights also used those tires. Sheldon Brown's page on tire sizes: https://www.sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html

I found a thread about the tires posted a while back and the person had said he had luck getting the 597 or 599 on. I wasn't going to buy tires for this bike, I thought I could use it for parts for the Iver or Columbia. I just wanted the sticker on the seat tube since it was a friends shop here in town next to my grandfathers store. It is up roc sale minus the tires.

Back