When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pumping Up A Tire

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If an air compressor has a gauge it is usually for the tank pressure not the tire pressure.

Correct, and if you have a pressure regulator you will, or should have another pressure gauge so that you can set the regulator to a specific pressure.

Vince, I'm a leg man so no problem. ;)

I use a combination of the above.

After assembly, I use a hand pump to seat the tube and the tire bead and check it all the way around. Then, I added a separate regulator to my small compressor before the gauged inflator accessory. (the better one from HF). If the tire max pressure is 45, I set the regulator to just under 40 to be sure I will not over inflate. Then using the inflator tool with gauge, I bring the tire up to 40 PSI.

I think everyone on the Cabe could use a little upper body exercise and a floor pump is as good as it gets....the electric pumps are nice, but bringing a tire up to pressure with a floor pump is a good thing.....I usually go 5-10psi over what the tire says to get some extra help with pedaling these heavyweight bikes....I have not blown a tire in over 10+ years so I would say pump them up!

I think everyone on the Cabe could use a little upper body exercise and a floor pump is as good as it gets....the electric pumps are nice, but bringing a tire up to pressure with a floor pump is a good thing.....I usually go 5-10psi over what the tire says to get some extra help with pedaling these heavyweight bikes....I have not blown a tire in over 10+ years so I would say pump them up!

I doubt @Handle Bar Hoarder will agree with that! 😂

I doubt @Handle Bar Hoarder will agree with that! 😂
LOOK AT THAT PHYSIQUE 🧐🤓😎

I use a Joe Blow pump with schrader on one side of the head and presta on the other. I have a roadbike that takes 130 PSI and the gauge goes beyond that. you especially need a bike pump if you have cheap Kenda tires to get them to seat right... I avoid those and try to use vintage tires only on my special Schwinn goofy tire rims.

another benefit of a hand pump is you can bring it with you when you go places. my compressor is bolted to the floor and will not fit in my car. 🤪

Back