When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putter stems

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

STRADALITE

I live for the CABE
I bought these two putter stems knowing they are reproductions. Just wondering if there are tell tale signs that would indicate that. Are there differences between original and repop?

5AF0E4C5-1830-4E92-91B1-BA1A72930893.jpeg

To my knowledge, all of the known re-pops have a cast bronze or brass head and are solid cast. In the hand these feel very heavy compared to an original Putter stem. The original's have a cast iron head that is partially hollow. Some of the re-pops have an angled quilled end instead of the horizontal termination. If any of these have been recast in iron I would love to know.
It would be great to have John, Shawn @Freqman1, or others offer their input.

I believe your Firestone (three quill) is one of my cast bronze reproductions I had made a few years back, that was copied from my original. I had originals of both versions and had a small number of both Huffman and Firestone versions made and oddly the two original versions were not identical in shape - varied slightly, at least to my eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back