When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putter stems

-

STRADALITE

I live for the CABE
I bought these two putter stems knowing they are reproductions. Just wondering if there are tell tale signs that would indicate that. Are there differences between original and repop?

5AF0E4C5-1830-4E92-91B1-BA1A72930893.jpeg

To my knowledge, all of the known re-pops have a cast bronze or brass head and are solid cast. In the hand these feel very heavy compared to an original Putter stem. The original's have a cast iron head that is partially hollow. Some of the re-pops have an angled quilled end instead of the horizontal termination. If any of these have been recast in iron I would love to know.
It would be great to have John, Shawn @Freqman1, or others offer their input.

I believe your Firestone (three quill) is one of my cast bronze reproductions I had made a few years back, that was copied from my original. I had originals of both versions and had a small number of both Huffman and Firestone versions made and oddly the two original versions were not identical in shape - varied slightly, at least to my eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back