When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting feelers out: '37 springer legs

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

nightrider

Finally riding a big boys bike
Working on a '37 model C. Stem and wedge are frozen in steer tube. Legs are not in the best shape either. If I am able to salvage the steer tube, might want to find new legs. Are they readily available? Maroon preferred, black is ok. Crusty ok.
Thanks

KIMG1269.jpg

I'm not sure. I think the older ones, like these, pivot behind the legs. Later, not sure when, the pivot point is in the legs.? I may be wrong though. Not really a Schwinn person. This is the first complete one (would this have had a tank?) that I have had. It is a locking fork also. Haven't looked at serial #, but crank is date '37.

Most prewar legs have a bend or two in them. Unless they are super roached you should be able to fix them with a little work. If you need a steer tube you can cut down a post war unit (much easier to find)

Back