When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting Truss Rods on Schwinn Lightweight? Just thinking.............

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
OK You might be right. Another option! The curved rods look good on your cantilever frame. Racer is all straight lines. I will bend some wire to hold up and check. Looks like this is not going to be a Buy It Now thing. I will post some photos. Thanks again for your help and sharing ideas!

This Schwinn Lightweight came from the factory with truss rods...behold the Welterweight model.

993EABA4-E507-4993-B9E1-48D0562E631C.png

Wow! I didn't know that existed. Never heard of Schwinn Welterweight. Looks to be the same bassic bike except for the top frame truss. Could have a bit of a stiff ride with frame and fork
This Schwinn Lightweight came from the factory with truss rods...behold the Welterweight model.

View attachment 1148745

bracing. That is exactly the look I had in mind! This will help with the making of the rods. I want it to look as stock as possible Thanks!

The Welterweight was actually in a class between the lightweights and the middleweights using a 26 x 1 1/2" tire and the S-4's like the T&C Tandem. I somewhat remember @the tinker making a one or a set out of aluminum tubing. Maybe he can give you some advice.

The Welterweight was actually in a class between the lightweights and the middleweights using a 26 x 1 1/2" tire and the S-4's like the T&C Tandem. I somewhat remember @the tinker making a one or a set out of aluminum tubing. Maybe he can give you some advice.
I never thought my question would make me realize there is a Schwinn I never heard about. Going to keep an eye out for Welterweights. S4 wheel also? Are tires available for that?
I am able to fab things. Just going to bend some steel rod as shown in Rollfaster"s catalog photo. I want to keep everything chrome as if Schwinn had made it. Using the stock Schwinn truss rod top bracket which should make things easier. Now I have to make some serious time for this project! Thanks!

Back