When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quality Chicago Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Teresa Vega

On Training Wheels
IMG_5555.JPG
IMG_5556.JPG
IMG_5557.JPG
IMG_5559.JPG

Hello everyone! This was my dads bike. I wanted to restore it, but I am new to this. I'm trying to figure out which type of schwinn this is, a year, where to find the serial# and if it's been repainted. Any information would be so helpful, thank you!!

Hi Teresa,
Yes, the bike has been repainted. It was made sometime after WWII and the serial number will either be on the left rear drop out (where the rear axle is on the frame) or underneath where the pedals are. A true restoration will cost much more than the bike is worth but if sentimental reasons outweigh costs then this isn't an issue. V/r Shawn

image.jpeg
Hello Teresa, and welcome to the Cabe.
Your bike looks to be from the late 40s to mid 50s.
The serial number should be under the pedal crank housing.
It was re painted, and the fenders look like they were replaced at some point.
If it were me, I'd probably just pull the non original parts off, and ride it as is.
If the condition of the paint bothers you, there would be no harm in reprinting it, except that your dad probably put all that red paint on there.
That's actually pretty cool!

Last edited:
Yeah, 1st you need to locate the serial numbers and date it. if on the bottom bracket then before 52 if on rear dropout then 52 > Then decide if it's worth it to un-paint it to reveal or restore original colors

Yet it looks like you've got a mixture of parts. If the stem/goose neck is correct to the chain guard, then possibly late 40's to early 50's. Yet, those wheels/rims look like they're s-7's and if so, probably had white s-2, (wider, heavy weight) and you dad swapped out rusty white for chrome mid 50's S-7's (narrower middle weight; 1954 up) . The handle bar is also the typical style on Schwinn's middleweight bikes. Which leaves the question about that fork. Is it orig. to bike or did 'Dad' do it? I doubt that stem would be on a deluxe or special, (with springer) bike as it's Schwinn's lower model 'Straight' stem. . Seat, peddles and fenders not Schwinn's.

A lot of potential mis-matched parts and girl bike values don't compare to boys. So, you have to ask; "is it worth it to restore"? Or, simply, just brighten up 'Dad's' creation with a bit of sanding and rattle can of red/orange. .

If you decide to go 'all the way' with the project

I have a perfect original paint embossed deluxe tank ------90.00 needs horn
Restorable fender set with braces--------------------------------80.00
Restored saddle 150.00
Rear carrier------------------------------------------------------------45.00
Torpedo headlight----------------------------------------------------75.00

all depends how far you want to take the project... can get quite expensive restoring
a bike properly... Paint can run 1000 range done right....chrome 500 range for
a bike like that...then the extra parts etc.
hoo boy!

If you decide that you would like the bike to look like the day it was made, Bob's your guy.
Throw caution to the wind and don't worry about the cost.
Be patient and trust Bob's expertise.
His restorations are amazingly accurate.

View attachment 660901 Hello Teresa, and welcome to the Cabe.
Your bike looks to be from the late 40s to mid 50s.
The serial number should be under the pedal crank housing.
It was re painted, and the fenders look like they were replaced at some point.
If it were me, I'd probably just pull the non original parts off, and ride it as is.
If the condition of the paint bothers you, there would be no harm in reprinting it, except that your dad probably put all that red paint on there.
That's actually pretty cool!
Thank you I really do love this bike, it was so comfy to ride!!

Back