When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question 28 in. Clad wood rims after 1931

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HEMI426

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I have a Excelsior with 28 in. Clad wheels and 1 tube tires. My question is when did they stop making clad wheels for Schwinn bikes.

20201119_111902.jpg

20201119_111937.jpg

20201119_114913.jpg

I would research schwinn catalogs and figure out when they stopped offering a 28" wheeled bike. That might possibly indicated the last time they were offered. Some of the manufacturers went right up to WW2. If I had the '30's catalogs I would try to give you a better answer...

I have a Excelsior with 28 in. Clad wheels and 1 tube tires. My question is when did they stop making clad wheels for Schwinn bikes.
Can you please show a close up picture of your rims. I can't blow-up the images you posted very large but it seems what you have are metal clincher rims, not metal-clad wood rims. I could be wrong but a close up image would help.

Those are some FLAT profile rims, I think @New Mexico Brant is correct, my metal-clad wood wheels have a much deeper profile.
I do have a similar pair of FLAT profile clinchers on a 20's Hawthorne Flyer Motorbike.

Back